Saturday, October 11, 2014

New Writing Site: WriteOn

So, for the past few months, I've been keeping a little secret to myself. You already know about Figment and Wattpad (I blogged about them here). And now, I'm here to give you another writing option, and just in time for NaNoWriMo too! Introducing.... WRITEON (by Amazon).



For a detailed look at how WriteOn works, fellow member, awesome author and great guy J.T. Stoll wrote a really detailed blog post, complete with screenshots. Right-click, open in new window/tab, read it and then come back. (My two yen, this site is very user-friendly)

I was invited to WriteOn from NaNoWriMo, and I love it! It's easily my favourite writing site now.

Why?

Because of the community.

Perhaps it's because it's still in Beta and pretty small, but it's easy (and un-intimidating) to go jump into conversations, ask for feedback, get feedback, etc. I've gotten loads of really great feedback from a bunch of different people and learnt a lot from them. After a while, you start to recognise the 'regulars', then as you post more and more, you eventually realise 'hey, I'm one of them now' - It's an awesome feeling, cause I'm used to being the new kid in writing sites.

And because of the mods.

The two most active mods I see are Nina and Jon, and both of them do a great job welcoming the members and responding to feedback. The rest of the team isn't as active, but you do see them around, addressing concerns and working their magic behind the scenes. They've started things like Feedback Friday (excellent for getting feedback - no matter if you're a first time poster or an established member. In fact, new posters probably have a greater chance at getting feedback), Weekend Writein, and now, I see writing exercises as well. The response rate makes me feel like we're in good hands, and it really does help foster a sense of community.

So, if you're looking for a site, come to WriteOn! I can get you access codes (while they're still in Beta), so leave a comment/drop me an email if you want one!

For a different opinion of the site, you can head over to Goodereader.

Next Saturday post: A comparison between all three writing sites I'm on :D

4 comments :

  1. Great! I might try out this site--even though I rarely write anymore :P

    What are your Figment and Wattpad usernames? I'll follow you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great site for a reader too :D

      My Figment name is Eustacia Tan and my Wattpad name is EustaciaTan93. I hardly go on Wattpad anymore though :p I'm finding it difficult to navigate.

      Let me know your username (if it changes) so I can follow you back!

      ^_^

      Delete
  2. Awww, Eustacia, thanks for the reference.

    And yes, the community makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I feel slightly ashamed to say that I just saw this. But welcome, and thanks for the resource!

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^